I just realised (thank you New York Times crossword!) that 100 years ago, in April 1912, the Titanic sank.
There are plenty of Titanic-related attractions to see:
- Find out what it was like to die in the freezing cold! Relieve the whole sinking in the gigantic Titanic: The Experience in Orlando, Florida!
- Visit the 30-foot Titanic memorial in Washington DC, at the western end of P Street SW!
- In Manhattan there’s a Titanic Memorial Lighthouse at Pearl and Fulton. (Note to self: I must go see this soon.)
- Don’t forget that some survivors of the Titanic were housed at the Chelsea Hotel in New York City!
- See the Titanic Museum in Indian Orchard, Massachusetts!
- Another Titanic Museum in Branson, Missouri has declared 2012 “Year of the Titanic”. This worries me.
- If you’re in Mississippi, why not see the replica Titanic built for the 1997 movie?